[Clr-dev] power and performance in CLR

Sriram Ramkrishna sri at ramkrishna.me
Thu Apr 12 15:42:08 PDT 2018

Hey folks!

Some of you may know me as I used to work on the Clear Linux team many
moons ago.  I now work for System76 as community and business development
manager.

I'm writing because I'm interested in working on power and performance in
association with System76 and Pop!_OS. I was thinking that I will work with
Victor Rodriguez in this capacity since we are both interested in the same
thing.  Improving power and performance is fairly important to us as it
furthers the viability of laptops and desktops with Linux pre-installed.

If you have questions, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll be looking at some of
the things CLR has been doing and seeing how I could either run CLR kernel
with Pop!_OS (currently uses Ubuntu) or if we there are things that we
could cherry pick from CLR.  The project is purely R&D for now.

I'll also be in town end of this month which of course gives me an
opportunity to personally harass the lot of you. :-)

sri