On 7/8/2021 4:36 AM, email(a)kathe.in wrote:
Are requests entertained for packages from users
incapable of building them?
yes... but with a few practical caveats
* Needs to be open source (OSI approved license)
* No wonky legal angles.. not even gray areas (unless it's some super important thing,
we don't want to have to talk to the lawyers to even check it)
- rule of thumb: if Fedora or Suse ship it it's probably fine
* Needs to not be abandoned upstream, e.g. somewhat recent release and still maintained
for security etc
* Needs to have reasonable build requirements/dependencies.
- Counter example: VSCodium. That has 1200+ nodejs dependencies that are hard versioned
and some have open CVEs
Our focus is obviously mostly server, but for reasonable desktop things that integrate
relatively easily we generally
also just add them,